Saturday 12 April 2008

Where did the week go?

How did it get to be Saturday already, with only a few minutes until we head off on our lovely (we hope!) long weekend in Lugano??

My week off playing hometown tourist disappeared far too quickly -- however I did manage to do more than just sit around watching Rockford*. To wit:

*finally taking in Ice Station Antarctica at the Natural History Museum -- great exhibit... if I were about 30 years younger. Impressive for kids, would've been better if they had more things to keep the parents amused
*didn't take in the Russians at the Royal Academy -- lesson: book in advance for popular shows in their final week!
*took lesson to heart - and successfully booked in advance for Vanity Fair Portraits at National Portrait Gallery. Fab. Will get the book, definitely.
*window shopped -- including the new Banana Republic, first in Europe. Great dresses, I wanted most of them - however disappointingly, either they believe all Londoners are between size 0 - 4, or the larger sizes had sold out.

And now, off to Adventures in Switzerland!

*the fact I'd seen them all before may have helped

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

ROCKFORD IS ON IN ENGLAND???!!! I'M IMMEDIATELY MOVING. I don't think they're broadcast anywhere in the US anymore. I can recite every episode by heart I think.