Monday 7 April 2008

If April showers bring May flowers...

...what do April snows bring?

I guess we'll find out, as this past weekend saw temperatures across the UK dive from a lovely spring-like 68 degrees on Friday, to below freezing by Saturday evening. And *this* is what I saw out the bedroom window when I woke up in Stoke Row (at the in-laws) Sunday morning:

I think this is more snow than I've seen in the UK in the 10+ years I've been here. Granted, I was outside London, but still --it's not like I was in the wild Scottish north! Stoke Row still counts as the South East. (at least I think so - my English geography is still pretty poor...)

Poor daffodils in the back garden...

Taking Millie for a walk by the sports field (she didn't fancy too much walking or ball chasing -- preferring instead to lie in the snow...)

All I can say is, pretty as the snow may be, the flowers and I hope spring returns soon...

No comments: