Friday 4 April 2008

A-a-a-and STRETCH

So, last night was the last of my 6-week beginners Pilates class (for you Pilatophiles out there - it was floor- not machine-based). I think I liked it less and then more than I thought I would -- which just about evens itself out. On the positive side -- the class was small (6 - 8), and we were all starting out from the same super novice beginner state. And the instructor was great -- very hands on, physically moving us each into the correct position if we didn't quite get it from just watching her movements. And we went over the basics, quite thoroughly. So I do think I learned a lot.

And yet. I'm not sure I really felt like I was DOING anything. I did start to feel the exercises properly after the first few lessons -- but still. We'd do one exercise about 5 times, and then she'd say 'ooh, that's enough, don't over do it'. So at the end of the hour class, I felt quite relaxed, but not sure I felt that, um, exercised. I think the only way pilates works to 'sculpt your body', a la every magazine cover, is to do it more than once a week.

Hmm... will have to think about that one...

No comments: