Thursday 24 April 2008

NPR puzzle - about TV, so how can I miss?

To enter this week's NPR puzzle:

"If you take the title "Candid Camera." and write down the first appearance of each letter, in the order they appear, ignoring any repeated letters, you get C, A, N, D, I, M, E, R. Or "LA Law" would be L, A, W.

By doing the same thing to the title of what other well-known TV program do you get the letters S, E, A, M, T, R?"

If you can get the answer by 3pm Eastern time (about 11 hours from now as I write), be sure to submit it to NPR, and maybe you too can play the Sunday Puzzle on the air with Will Shortz. Not sure he calls London, but have my phone ready if he does!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Did you get it? I got it....

PlanetW said...

but of course... just waiting until my phone call from Mr Shortz!

Will wait until after the deadline to post any answers -- don't want to give away the game ;-)

Anonymous said...

OK - pathetically enough I got it too. LIke, right away. I think this was geared toward people our age! How's the new job>?

Anonymous said...

Well, I'm not from your generation, but spent many hours watching it with you girls (well, not you Kim, but I would have, if I'd known you.)

PlanetW said...

People our age and/or public television viewers. Thanks to all who played - though I'm sorry to say, no call from Will last night... will have to try again.

Scroll down for the answer --
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
S, E, A, M, T, R ==
Sesame Street