Thursday 11 October 2007

Sunday Puzzle Success

Woo-hoo! I knew if I went about it methodically I'd find the answer to this week's challenge:

Name a well-known city in the United States, two words, 10 letters altogether. Add the letter A at the front, add the city's two-letter state postal abbreviation at the end, the resulting 13-letter chain will be palindromic, that is, it will read backward and forward the same. What city is this?

(ps - mom & dad -- if you try to figure this out, do so before checking the comments!)

5 comments:

Kris said...

I figured it out! Walla Walla. That was a good one... :)

Anonymous said...

Me too! To think it's my home state. I'm so proud

Anonymous said...

Must be a woman's thing. Amy got it, and Brian didn't have the patience.

Kara-O said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Kara-O said...

Uh, took about 2 minutes. Doubt Jess could get it though, he doesn't have the patience either and he hates the puzzler.
-Kara