Tuesday 16 October 2007

needlecraft inspiration

Another year, another trek to Alexandra Palace and the Knitting and Stitching Show. Given the number of projects I already have piling up, I pretty much avoided the kit-selling-stalls (though couldn't miss the amazing Michael Powell, though did manage to resist buying one more Jennifer Pudney, as cute as they are.)

No, this year I just marvelled at the raw material, and all the different techniques -- embroidery, quilting, knitting, papercraft, beading, lacemaking, batik (and of course cross stitch), and on and on and how much do I wish I could do them all?! Ok, maybe lacemaking doesn't hold a huge appeal at the moment, but I absolutely would love to learn how to make a quilt. And I even know what I want it to look like. I just need the knowledge and the sewing machine!

And the artists on display - some amazing work with textiles. I think that's worth the price of the admission. Of course, no photos allowed, so can't post any here, but I get so inspired seeing what can be done with needle and thread and just a little imagination. So impressive! Already looking forward to next year...

No comments: