Sunday 12 November 2006

busy weekend

Lots going on this weekend, which is always good. Saturday we were off to meet with a wedding photographer, ooh, very exciting! He does fantastic work, so hoping to get that sorted asap... then after getting my hair coloured (thanks to Chloe at Trevor Sorbie I no longer look like a skunk, at least for the next 6 weeks or so), we were off to Stoke Row for the annual Tennis Club Quiz Night! (I know, I know - it's getting to be a habit!)

Sadly due to some incredibly ridiculous questions, including a True-False round, (True or False: Robbie Williams scored higher than Florence Nightingale on a public-voted list of top 100 Britons? Don't ask me, I don't even remember the answer, just that we got it wrong!), we came in a very close 4th out of I think 9 teams. So not bad, but not great - especially as we were second until that last round!

Some sample, non True/False questions:
SPORT (our best round - we got 16/20):
*What sport features in Alfred Hitchcock's Strangers on a Train (ok, not really a sports question, but I was happy it was there amid cricket & soccer questions, so I could answer one!)

*The ball of which sport is known as the sliotar [nope, we had NO idea!]

ROYAL FAMILY: (pretty easy actually...)
*Who lives in Clarence House (1/4 for each right answer)?
*What year was Prince William born

NATURE:
*What animal has 4 knees (d'oh - we had 2 options, and chose the wrong one...)

Ahh well... all for a good cause!

No comments: