Saturday 11 November 2006

apple is the worst company in the world

and I would never recommend an iPod to anyone. And I'm not the only one.

GRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR

So my iPod started breaking down a few months ago, and finally died about 2 weeks ago. And of course, every time I try to get a reservation at the 'genius bar' -- oops, sorry, we're full. I just logged on at 6:30 AM to find the only available time today is 8 pm. 8pm???? Yes, just what I'd like to do on my Saturday night, because I have no life.

If I ever *do* get this stupid thing fixed, why should I go to the trouble of moving more of my music into iTunes, where they can't be played by any other player, just to have my iPod die in about another year (as I understand the average battery life to be)?

I resisted for AAAAGES getting one, but of course finally succumbed, because everywhere around me people seem to be happily listening to their iPods, buying 2, 3, 4 of them, sharing iTunes files... aaaargh! is it only me??? maybe I have some weird electrical signal that's corrupted the stupid thing.

All I want to do is watch Lost...

Of course, if I do manage to get this fixed, perhaps when home in Seattle in a couple of weeks, then I'm sure my disposition will turn a lot sunnier... ;-)

But until then, I'll sing this tune:

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sorry, I can't agree. I have had problems with the IPod Mini, but the regular iPod works great! Also, if you find a small Apple store (Southcenter on a weekday), they always seem to have time at the genius bar!

Anonymous said...

Also have to disagree. My ipod is 4 years old and still going strong. Actually, I guess I wouldn't mind it breaking down- then I could justify getting a new one. Or, I could try Jess' approach of spilling coffee on it, and then having it stolen from the car...