Sunday 24 September 2006

Record-breaking day

Forget the 4-minute mile... a far more important barrier has just been broken, by yours truly. Ok, the importance is strictly personal, but I'm still extremely excited to report I FINALLY broke a 30-minute 5k. 29:48, in fact - a feat that caused such emotion when I crossed the finish line & looked at my watch that I burst into tears! A bit of an over-reaction, I agree, but still, can't argue with the response...

Why was I running at all on a fine Saturday morning (23rd of September, 2006, by the way, not that I'm memorialising this day toooo much)? In aid of Trees for Cities - yes, another charity run, the Tree-athlon, to be exact. I didn't hit anyone up for money this time, figured my entry fee had to count for something.

It's really just a step along the way to the Nike Run, which is now only 2 weeks away. I've not been training nearly as much as I'd like, and as I swore to do, but I have been going out a couple of times a week, which, combined with dancing once a week (have I blogged about that yet? Don't think so... topic for another day) - has I guess raised my fitness a tiny degree. Let's hope that sustains me through 10k on the Oct 8th. Watch this space!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

YOU GO GIRL!!!