Wednesday 16 September 2009

Look Mom!

In the past couple of weeks, Paige has been getting increasingly mobile -- to the point where I can only leave her a few minutes, otherwise who knows where she might end up. For example, yesterday I was in the kitchen, and I left her sitting quietly on her playmat, babbling to herself. I'd look in every minute or two, and she'd still be in essentially the same place. Until... I looked once more, and she'd managed to roll 5 - 6 feet away, to tangle herself under the chair.

My guess is she aimed for the chair for another new favourite game -- pulling herself up to stand. She's allllmost got it, but not quite, unless the conditions are just right. Like in her crib -- the top rail and side bars, along with overall stability make it a perfect pull-me-up. I'm a bit scared at the number of things around this flat that are less than stable, however. We definitely need to do some child-proofing, and soon!

[but no, Mom, you won't need stair gates for our visit; she's not that quick -- yet!]

No comments: