Thursday 10 September 2009

Happy 9 months Paige

When do you stop quoting months for a child's age? Is it at about 2 years? I know plenty of people who say their child is '21 months', '19 months', etc... but not a lot of '27 months'. I can't seem to remember when I stopped with the weeks calculation -- maybe about 5 - 6 months. Saying she's '37 weeks' just sounds a bit odd.

Her most recent achievement is the faceplant. She's trying soooo hard to crawl but is just. not. quite. there.  She starts from a sitting position, leans incredibly far forward until she's perched on both hands, one knee, and the other leg splayed out to the side. Slowly, slowly, with great determination, she manages to pull that other leg in, and for a split second she's balanced on hands and knees. Unfortunately, this is where it all starts to go wrong... after wobbling in this position for a few seconds, she decides to make her move. Which is often both hands launching forward at the same time as her back legs slide flat. Which equals face plant. Which also equals frustrated Paige... I know I shouldn't laugh - but her determination is so cute.  I wish I had a video of it, but of course the second I get the camera out it's too late!

Will she be crawling properly by the time we get to Vermont in only THREE WEEKS??

1 comment:

Nana said...

Will we have to get gates for the stairs?