Tuesday 2 September 2008

Productive Sunday afternoon

I definitely miss Ashley while he's away in Cinci this week (boo-hoo), but I certainly get more done around the house! (not sure if that's a good thing...)

This Sunday afternoon, with grey skies and rain thundering on the windows, was a perfect time to finally tackle my boxes/drawers/bags of myriad needlework projects in various states of completion. I'm happy to say that after some ruthless pruning I've consolidated from 4 large boxes to 3 smaller ones, mostly by tossing random leftover thread / packaging / etc. from completed kits.

I had little pangs every time I threw another handful into the trash bag -- but seriously, if I was really really going to come up with some clever use for them, I would've by now. And it's not like I don't have plenty of properly labelled, well organised floss and other equipment handy, y'know, for when inspiration strikes.

And for posterity, I've saved the photo from any kits I've completed & pasted them into a scrapbook. Er, portfolio -- that sounds a bit more professional.

Now on to that stack of old magazines!

No comments: