Saturday 21 June 2008

One stitch at a time

So, nine weeks and multiple seams, bindings, darts, pleats, tucks and more, my sewing class has ended, and I am the proud owner of one home-made (er, class-made) blouse, made by my own fair hands. And one Pfaff sewing machine. Ok, so the shoulders are a bit wonky. And so what if I can't actually wear it yet (the class ended before we got to buttons, and, more importantly, button holes) -- but minor points. I'm just excited to have sewn mostly straight seams, with sleeves and darts and everything, and you can recognise the (near) finished project as a piece of clothing, rather than a random collection of stitches.

And I feel 1000 times more comfortable with a sewing machine -- yay! On my way to fulfilling one of my 2008 resolutions: to make a quilt out of old running t-shirts.

Next step? Buy my own machine... just as soon as I clear some space off the table for it to go!

No comments: