Tuesday 12 February 2008

Weekend update

Sigh... such a lovely relaxing weekend I've only just now revved up enough to write a recap.

I knew the weekend was off to a good start, as I bested the master in Trivial Pursuit. (though to be fair, it was a very very close match, I did get a few ridiculously easy questions, and Ashley finally got tired of catching me out on sports questions at the end, so switched to a more achievable category. But hey - a win's a win, right?)

Saturday, after homely errands and chores, Ashley went off to make up for his trivia wounds by bashing around a cricket ball for a while -- leaving me to luxuriate in a sunny flat and no work to do. Hello, T is for Trespass, and hello, too, overpriced box of Wheat Thins, courtesy of American-food-stocking-Partridge's grocery store... Could the day *get* any better?

Well, yes, indeed it could. For Saturday night was engagement-anniversary-night -- celebrated at the same engagement-making restaurant, in 'our table', and -- thanks to my husband's chutzpah -- a complimentary bottle of prosecco. Ah, tradition... (the restaurant & table, not necessarily the chutzpah!)

Sunday was equally sunny, and equally unstressful -- leisurely paper reading, yummy brunch, stroll home through Kew Gardens, stopping at bench after bench to soak up the most-welcome sun, followed by a spot of tennis in the afternoon (note to self: must learn how to serve), and delish (if I say so myself) enchiladas for dinner (note to self: must make more recipes from the Seattle Junior League cookbook, thanks mom, and never buy packaged enchilada sauce again!)

Just a shame weekends don't come on week-middles as well!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Watch out for that forehand. If you give the girl a mid court ball...you get punished.

Ashley

Kara-O said...

umm- enchiladas- what's the recipe?

Anonymous said...

I am telling you those enchiladas wee great!