Sunday 3 February 2008

Happy Not-So-New Year

(With apologies to David Letterman)
Top 10 excuses for not updating my blog in over a month
10) I thought the Writers Guild strike applied to blog posts as well. And then I remembered I never paid my union dues...
9) I broke all 10 fingers in a freak manicure accident (don’t ask) and haven’t been able to type
8) I’ve been working on developing a mind-to-blog application – and it’s finally working
7) I’ve been possessed by the spirit of Marie Antoinette – ‘let them eat Facebook’
6) I’ve been caught in a time warp, and thought I was blogging in the present, but it looks like I was blogging in the future. But when we finally get there – boy are you going to enjoy those posts!
5) My mom said if all the other kids blogged about jumping off the Brooklyn Bridge, that doesn’t mean I should too...
4) New Year’s resolution was not to blog. But who keeps resolutions past January?
3) I’ve been, er, training for the New York Marathon. The London Marathon. Er, maybe the tv-and-needlework-athon
2) Blogs? We don’t need no steenkin’ blogs!
1) The cat ate my blog-work

Or the more boring reason – I’ve just been too busy at work, and too lazy at home, and have also been hit by that perfectionist-procrastination effect. Rather than do a little bit at a time, I want the whole thing to be perfect from the start. And the longer I put it off, the more perfect it has to be when I finally get to it.

So, my belated procrastinator’s resolution for 2008? Just do it. (er, with apologies to Nike this time). Or should I say Every Little Helps (thanks Tesco). For 2008, I resolve to do a little, but often, rather than a lot intermittently. And I’m not just talking about the blog!

No comments: