Friday 30 March 2007

It's pronounced 'Bruggh-uh'

Add another European city to my list! Went to Brugge (aka Bruges) yesterday for a meeting for work – luckily I got there while it was still light out Wednesday evening, so did a little wander and took a few photos. Unfortunately, the light may have been out, but the town itself was relatively shut. And until I got to the main market square, it seemed eerily quiet. In fact, I ended up carrying my wheelie bag from train station to the hotel, as the echoing over the cobblestones sounded disturbingly loud… I half expected someone to throw open a window and glare out at the noise! (but not say anything of course – that would shatter the silence!)

After a little walk around, I had *huge* meal of moules et frites at one of the many bistros lining the main market square. I’m sure it was a complete tourist trap, but I was hungry, and at least there were no photos on the menu… (ok – it did come in 5 languages, but that’s just being helpful!)

Then Thursday evening back to London via Eurostar… ah – the new great age of the train… what a lovely way to travel!

No comments: