Wednesday 21 March 2007

Costco from birth to...

Bleugh. I was just looking around the Costco website for work (another story) -- when I saw a category label 'Funerals'. Y'know, right up there with 'Furniture', 'Food&Wine', 'Floral'... why not another F-category. 'folders'? nah, way too narrow. I know, how about 'Funerals'. Overnight shipping, too - nice to see they appeal to all religions. So, as you're meandering around Costco, after you take a nibble cut from the 10-pound block of the cheese of the month, and add a 5-gallon tub of mayo to your cart, don't forget to wander over & try out the casket. Eeew.

I know it may be more, umm, cost effective, and I know I won't be here to appreciate it -- but please please when I go can my funeral needs not come from Costco?

*disclaimer -- this entry is my opinion only, and certainly not intended to offend anyone who may have recently purchased a casket, urn, or other funereal-keep sake through costco...

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Well, I hope I'm not around to see your funeral needs. However, if you don't want Costco, there's always Caskets R Us.