Thursday 15 March 2007

How cool is this?!

So - I'm just reading through an old copy of the FT Weekend Magazine, (which has sadly gone downhill I think since they discontinued 'The Business' a few years ago, but at least they have Mrs Moneypenny back, but I digress...)

Anyway - casually reading an article entitled 'Rhyme and Reason', about hip hop culture and politics and blah blah... when who do I see quoted: JASON TANZ!! It must be the same Temple-Beth-El-knew-years-ago-Jason Tanz, mustn't it??

Very very cool - I went to temple (or at least think I did, because it must be him) with someone whose book is now appearing in the Financial Times.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Even better, you were on Jeopardy with someone who is now the EXECUTIVE PRODUCER!!! of the Daily Show, one of the best US shows! (David Javerbaum)..

Anonymous said...

That's quite a find. I looked into it, and the best I can find is comment in a review that he is "a white boy who grew up in the suburban Northwest"- so probably the same one. The review in The Villiage Voice was not so complimentary...

PlanetW said...

Yeah, I saw the Village Voice piece when I was trawling for a link... you're right - less positive than others, that's for sure!