Thursday 26 November 2009

What's wrong with this picture...

Got this catalogue from our local bookstore the other day, with friendly holiday greeting on the back -- shown below. Look closely (or maybe not so closely) -- what's wrong with this message?


Oh dear. As someone who's sent proof-read brochures still containing an error, to newspaper editors across the country no less, I can sympathise... but I do wonder -- did they discover the error and think 'well, we've already spent on the printing, can't waste them', and hope no one would notice? Or do they still have no idea? Until someone's grandmother points it out after the fact, as mine did so many years ago...

2 comments:

EB-B said...

It's egregous. How could they not notice? Or is that egregious?

Jess said...

Well, it took me a minute to notice (as I'm a terrible proof-reader). But I think adds that touch of charm so missing around Chrsitmastime.