Thursday 12 November 2009

A little indulgence

So I fiiiiiinally used my baby-shower-gift spa voucher, treating myself to a lovely pedicure morning at Cupcake, a cute spa / cafe / yummy mummy hotspot in Putney (thanks Carmen). The place is specifically geared to mums (and mums-to-be), so they even have a daycare -- but I left Paige home for this one. Public transport on your own is enough to impact that restful post-treatment feeling; wrestling Paige onto the train would not have helped!

The greatest (and most interesting, or at least interesting to anyone who's had a few pedicures) thing, was the pedicure was done lying down! (me, I mean, not the therapist). And it was on a super comfortable warm waterbed (but not too sloshy) table. It was so relaxing I almost fell asleep.


On the downside... pedicures in autumn only work if you have several hours to let the paint dry -- or you're willing to brave the cold in flip-flops. Which I'm definitely not. So the 85% of the pedicure that was not polishing was definitely worth it -- the painting not so much. Ah well -- still a fantastic morning...

1 comment:

Mom said...

In Seattle, I had "lie down" pedicures, with aromatherapy! That was to die for!