Monday 20 July 2009

Ligyrophobia?

That's a fear of loud noises, by the way, at least according to The Phobia List. And I think Paige may be a ligyrophobe... She's never been particularly found of the garbage disposal, so we tend to run it in short bursts, and try to do it when she's out of the room, or when one of us can be giving her a cuddle at the same time.

Well, today I learned the vacuum cleaner is another no-no. And before you say 'Hey - she's 7 months old! Does that mean this is the first time you've vacuumed in 7+ months?' I'll let you know that *yes* I have vacuumed in that time! But always when Paige has been out on a walk with Ashley. And in fact I was *going* to vacuum yesterday afternoon, but decided to accompany daddy and daughter on their walk (aka, Starbucks run) for a change.

So hmm -- guess that means no more vacuuming for me. Shame. At least until Paige is a little older and I can send her out on walks by herself.

2 comments:

Cleaning Police said...

Excuses. excuses!

Kara-O said...

Toby was deathly afraid of tin foil being ripped off the roll- go figure!