Sunday 16 September 2007

Another day, another 5k

A little slower this time -- but with 20,000 other runners on a tight course in Hyde Park, I had a reason! So, relatively happy with my 31:31, though could've done better. But why-oh-why do people overestimate their abilities?? If the sign says 'Est time 25 - 30 min' DO NOT start in this wave unless you know you can finish in that time!

I'm all for inclusive races & getting as many people out as possible, especially for charity-driven outings such as today's run, and I'm certainly no speed demon, but there must be a better way to train newbies on basic race etiquette. I mean, I roughly know my pace, and know not to start in front of people faster than I am... More signs along the way saying 'walkers keep right'? More obvious information in the race pack?

Or am I being a race snob and I should just live with it, and do a better job of getting to the start line earlier so I have a better chance of being closer to the front?

No comments: