Monday 11 June 2007

brush with celebrity



OMG. So, I'm about to leave for work this morning, and as I casually glance out the front room windows, I see:


and of course, while there are no identifying marks on the vans (this was one of 2), it's clearly a film crew of some sort. So, in typical Lucy Ricardo, 'I wanna be in show business' manner, I start to head outside, real casual like, but with a big smile, ready to be talent spotted, which of course I will accept with nonchalant style and charm.


But THEN, just before I go leave... I see the star of the show, and realise that while, yes, an honest-to-goodness British celeb was right outside our building, there was no way they'd be choosing me for a part, extra or otherwise.


For it was none other than Mr Jeremy Clarkson, waiting to film the very popular, motoring petrol-head show Top Gear. So instead of asking to be in the show, I just asked to take his picture. Proof, y'know. And he somewhat graciously complied. Well, not too graciously -- but really, what was he going to do. Actually, it was neither gracious nor ungracious -- more neutral and a bit bemused more than anything. But that'll do. Should I send it to Heat? Hmm...




1 comment:

PlanetW said...

You're not being an ugly American -- I wouldn't've expected you to know who Jeremy Clarkson is as he's a)on British tv & newspapers b) does a show about cars (hence the link to his show!) He gets a lot of exposure here (and has been on -- aaahh! -- QI)... but
not exactly big crossover (a la Kate Winslet, etc!) - especially as he's not covering a topic you (or I) would seek out...