Tuesday 16 January 2007

Resolution watch

OK - enough of this holiday break, looking back at the year... time to get back to blogging, starting with making my new years resolutions public and then tracking against them... So - here goes:

1) Get married
On track so far... 15 weeks, 5 days to go... see PlanetWulfagar for more!

2) Read all of the books I've bought already, before buying any more
Two weeks in, have just finished A Short History of Tractors in Ukrainian... very good, definitely recommend it, quick, amusing, and original read, and definitely made me want to learn more about the history of the Ukraine. And don't worry - it's not too tractor-heavy!

3) Run the Paris 1/2 marathon in under 2:30.
Umm... no. It's become clear in only about 2 weeks that I'd be fooling myself - so looking more realistically at time / willingness to train - I've already modified this to
NEW 3) Run the British 10k in under 60 mins...

4) Do a minimum of 1 London cultural activity per month.
So far, not so good - but a few weeks left in January still

5) Try one new recipe per month.
Mmm... tried a modified chorizo-prawn jambalaya... was yum! I just wish I'd written down the recipe!

Ok, think that's enough for now - let's see how it goes!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I would love a general outline of the chorizo-prawn thing. Put it out for all to see.