Wednesday 13 December 2006

November 11th -special day

For the past 30+ years I've known November 11th was a particularly special day - more than just that Veterans' Day thingie.

But I just discovered that there is yet another event associated with it - almost nearly as exciting and important as my lovely sister's birthday.

Yes, it is the annual meeting of the Corduroy Appreciation Club. And it's held every year on November 11. Otherwise known as 11 - 11. Which looks remarkably like... yes - corduroy. Or rather, the wales that make up corduroy.

And how do I know this? Step forward, NPR Popular Culture Podcast. How MUCH do I love this show??!! I wish it were on daily, not weekly. The best thing through my headphones these days, that's for sure. And more than worth the price of the ipod! (well, considering my ipod was a gift, that's a bit unfair, but you know what I mean...) In the past few episodes I've heard about Battlestar Galactica, the significance of 11 - 11 (as above), and, um, some diner in Rhode Island. Fabulous and highly recommended! (The show, I mean, not the diner, though that's also probably pretty good...)

No comments: