Thursday 21 December 2006

not as hungry as i thought...

So I'm having these standard blood tests this morning (no, I'm not sick, there's nothing wrong or unusual - I just thought it would be a good idea to check my cholesterol, etc.) -- and I have to fast for 12 hours. Luckily (well, not luckily - they do it on purpose) - it's in the morning, so most of the fasting was overnight. I figured - no problem, settle into some cross stitch at night (where I never eat - don't want oils on the canvas!), sleep, wake up just in time for the appointment, and done.

But no - just as the clock hit 'no more eating', some friends who'd been skating at Kew popped over. And next door to the pub we went. I didn't mind just sipping water while they had their drinks. However, the smell of the cheesy fries ordered to accompany said drinks was a little more painful!

But I persevered, and now that I'm awake, I just miss my coffee. *Such* a tough life I lead, I know.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I have fasting cholesterol tests twice a year, and the one thing I am allowed to have is black coffee! You need to tell the London lab techs the news. It's the 21st century.