Sunday 8 October 2006

Race results

Yay! Another personal best - 1:02:04 for the Nike 10k, I'm pretty sure my fastest 10k ever. AND, I'm proud to say, I ran the first 6k (in 36:20) before taking a bit of a breather. OK, before hitting the wall. 6k - 7k was practically a crawl after that, at about 7:15, but picked up the pace a tiny bit to finish under 63, which was my goal. Slightly adjusted goal (from the original 60) - but a goal nonetheless, and one that allowed me a PB. And I still have that sub-60 to shoot for. Now I just need another race.

Until then, however... is it bedtime yet?

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Congrats on the PB. We were anxiously awaiting your post. To get under 60 means more consistent running, which after reading your prior post I thought you hadn't done. Maybe Ashley can help you with fartlick(? sp)training. Hope you've recovered today. PS It's Columbus Day, so Toby's school is out, strange?

PlanetW said...

Thanks Dad... and yes, Ashley's promised to help with with fartlek training. Happy Columbus Day!