Monday 27 October 2008

Sports team name puzzle

Thanks NPR for another enjoyable Sunday challenge. I only say enjoyable because it's one I managed to solve!

""Nonclassical analysis" contains eight different letters. Two of them occur once, two of them occur twice, two of them occur three times, and two of them occur four times each. Which sports team's name has this same property?"

Answers on a card, please, by Thursday 3pm. Or submit online -- you've just got to be near a phone at 3pm Thursday Eastern time.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Well- I only just saw this post, so I am too late to submit. But, I think I got it- a pretty timely puzzle to be sure.

PlanetW said...

If you think you got it, then you did! And at least you posted a comment - much appreciated.

Anonymous said...

Took me all week to take the time. I should have watched the news to do it quicker!