Monday 10 August 2009

Happy 2/3 Birthday Paige!

Yep, 2/3 of the year gone, slowly creeping towards that all exciting 1st Birthday... I must say, that as each successive month becomes a smaller percentage of her life to date, the developmental changes get a little less frequent. As such, fewer new things since the last partial birthday update... but what she can do, she can do better! (no you can't, yes I can, no you can't, yes I can, yes I can, yes I caaaaaaaaaaan!)

Like - sitting up... Paige is pretty sturdy, but I'm still not quite ready to leave her sitting without some sort of back up, be it my leg, a pillow, etc. And she shows relatively little inclination for figuring how to sit up herself -- not sure when that will happen.

And teeth... same old, same old -- lots of drooling, as usual, but nothing visible. Yet. Like mother, like daughter I guess!

Crawling? Er, no. Talking? Nothing recognisable. Food -- yep, lots, but nothing new. Enough to bring her to 19 pounds, so despite all that appears to come out, some of it must be sticking.

We did reach a milestone this weekend, however... we've finally turned the pram around. Sigh. I know it's good for her to see more of the big wild world -- but I already miss smiling and chatting at her (because I wouldn't say I'm chatting *with* her yet) as we stroll.

2 comments:

Jess said...

Happy almost birthday, my first niece!

Mom said...

I'm not sure what you're referring to. You were not late with teeth to the best of my recollection.