Friday 11 May 2007

nearly a month

wow - nearly a month since my last post. I guess I have been busy, what with, y´know, the wedding thing.

Which, by the way, was fantastic, and more than I could possibly write about here in the 10 minutes I´ve got before more sightseeing. So, will have to try to capture that later - possibly in a revamp of Planet Wulfagar... (in the meantime, however, you can visit Ben´s site for some preview pix!)

But for now - am enjoying our honeymoon... I definitely recommend Valencia, so glad we finally got here. We´ve packed a fair bit in already - beach, old town, bus tour, and the most amazing of all I think has been the Oceanografic --- a stunning multi-region aquarium that is part of the ´City of Arts & Sciences´ that is relatively new (and in fact still under construction).

And now only a few hours left before we´re on to Honeymoon Part Dos -- Madrid. Before we go, we´re going to explore at least a little of one of Valencia´s more distinctive elements -- the River Turia. And I say interesting, as it´s completely dry -- in I think the 50s, the city diverted the river around the town, because it flooded too often. So now there´s the river bed, full of parks, running trails, playing fields, and complete with bridges crossing it... but no water.

Adios for now -- and if we have a computer in our Madrid hotel, will post more there...

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Wow- the pics are great. I especially love the fact that you and Ashley/Toby Harriet and Xiu Ling are on the main page. Can't wait to start downloading.