Monday 27 March 2006

Busy busy weekend! (in backwards order...)

Running note: spring has sprung. Not only did I see my first daffodils (yay!) but I competed in my first Nike Run... Nike is sponsoring a series of 5k runs around London, leading up to their annual 10k. I think it's a great idea - as long as it's nearby. I registered for the first one, in January, which was
a) reeeeally cold
b) the morning after a party
c) in Regent's Park (2 tube rides + a 20+ minute walk away)

So.... I missed that one.

This Sunday, however, they held it in Gunnersbury Park a mere 15 minute walk from the flat - so I couldn't say no.

The runs are really well organised, however considering I hadn't done a run in aaaages - I think perhaps there was something wrong with their measurements - I finished in 32 minutes! I just do not believe that. I'll have to enter the next one to compare...

No comments: